Covid-19 Gym Member Guide:
While we are thrilled to be opening for public use once more on the 12th April. There are some important changes you will need to be aware of in order to keep yourselves and the people around you safe.
- Members must pre book a time slot to use the gym. This can be done at: https://secure.ashbournemanagement.co.uk/bookinguk/index.aspx?fn=GRAE1 To book you will need the email address you joined with, and your card number – this is the 6-digit number on your membership card. Slots can be booked up to 3 days in advance.
- New members who have joined online will need to contact the gym in order to get a card number. Your membership card can then be picked up at the gym reception on your first visit.
- Upon arrival please wait outside until a member of staff invites you in. In the case of bad weather the sports hall fire doors will be open. Again, we ask that member wait there until a staff member invites you in.
- The changing rooms will NOT be available for gym members. Gym & Swim members may only use the changing rooms when booked in for swimming. We request that members come ready and dressed to train and shower at home. Toilets will be available in the foyer.
- Gym sessions will be 50 minutes long with a maximum capacity of 15 people per block. It is important that all members have vacated the building by the end of the 50-minute session in order for our team to clean and prepare for the next group of users.
- The gym has been split into three sections. The resistance side, the cardio side and we have arranged equipment in the sports hall below us. All floor work (abs/stretching etc) must be carried out in the sports hall as the area we typically use for this is now being used as free-weight stations. There is also a selection of cardio equipment in the sports hall.
- There are four designated free-weight stations. These are strictly one person per station. An exception to this is if the two members using the station are from the same household.
- There may be a few days where the sports hall will not be in use. On these days we will be operating with a reduced amount of equipment.
- Please familiarise yourself with the cleaning and safety notices around the gym.
- Where possible, please follow the one-way system. When this isn’t possible please be patient and give members and staff room to pass safely.
The above rules have been put in place to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our staff and members. We will review our policies regularly in accordance with government and industry guidelines and make changes where necessary. If you are unsure or have any questions about how to use our facilities please get in touch.