Covid-19 Pool Member Guide:
While we are thrilled to be opening for public swimming once more on the 12th April. There are some important changes you will need to be aware of in order to keep yourselves and the people around you safe.
- Swimmers must pre book a time slot to use the pool. This can be done at: https://secure.ashbournemanagement.co.uk/bookinguk/index.aspx?fn=GRAE1 To book you will need the email address you joined with, and your card number – this is the 6-digit number on your membership card. Slots can be booked up to 3 days in advance.
- New members who have joined online will need to contact the gym in order to get a card number. Your membership card can then be picked up at the gym reception on your first visit.
- Upon arrival please wait outside until a member of staff invites you in. In the case of bad weather the sports hall fire doors will be open. Again, we ask that member wait there until a staff member invites you in.
- The changing rooms will be available for bathers to change in – a grid has been laid out so bathers can maintain social distancing. Unfortunately showers will not be available. For this reason we are requesting that bathers arrive Beach Ready. This means you would arrive with your swimming costume, trunks, or shorts under your clothing. We would also like to encourage bathers to shower directly before coming to swim.
- Accompanying adults or relatives may sit at poolside provided they observe social distancing. Where possible we ask that only one extra person comes along.
- The pool will be split into two wide lanes: one lane for normal swimming and another for stronger swimmers. Both lanes will operate on a one-way clockwise direction.
- We would like to ask confident swimmers to enter the pool at the deep end where appropriate.
- Our capacity for lane swimming is currently capped at 8 people.
- Bathers are expected to observe social distancing.
- Swimming with members of the same household would not require social distancing measures, however bathers must maintain social distancing with any other bathers not within their household and staff at all times.
- Swimming sessions will last for 40 minutes. Bathers will then have 10 minutes in which to get changed and exit the building. All members must have vacated by this point in order to give our team time to clean for the next block of bathers.
The above rules have been put in place to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our staff and members. We will review our policies regularly in accordance with government and industry guidelines and make changes where necessary. If you are unsure or have any questions about how to use our facilities please get in touch.